db-derby-user mailing list archives

From dvijender <vijender.devak...@db.com>
Subject Re: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE failing-urgent
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 07:44:39 GMT

Hi,

This is the thread dump which was thrown by SQL Exception

This the logic we are using to backup the database.

Connection conn = dataSource.getConnection();
            backupdirectory = dirLocation + "/" + DateUtils.formatDate(new
Date(), DATE_FORMAT);
            CallableStatement stmt = conn.prepareCall("CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(?)");
            stmt.setString(1, backupdirectory);
            stmt.execute();
            stmt.close();
        } catch (SQLException exp) {
            log.error("Error in performing backup database :" +
exp.getMessage());
       }

Pls see the Threaddump below.

Job logger created for job 20110426115633543103
Job execution started. Job program:
[com.db.mbc.scheduler.jobs.DBBackupScheduleJob], Job parameters: [8501,
1942, 2011-04-26, 11:54:00,
<parameter><dirLocator>d:/db/backup/test</dirLocator></parameter>,
DBBP]
Job Executer Signalling is not running...
Job Executer Signalling is not running...
Job Executer Signalling is not running...
Job Executer Signalling is not running...
Job Executer Signalling is not running...
Job Executer Signalling is not running...
Error in performing backup database :A network protocol error was
encountered and the connection has been terminated: the requested command
encountered an unarchitected and implementation-specific condition for which
there was no architected message
Error in performing backup database :A network protocol error was
encountered and the connection has been terminated: the requested command
encountered an unarchitected and implementation-specific condition for which
there was no architected message
com.db.mbc.scheduler.jobs.JobExecutionException: Error in performing backup
database :A network protocol error was encountered and the connection has
been terminated: the requested command encountered an unarchitected and
implementation-specific condition for which there was no architected message
	at
com.db.mbc.scheduler.jobs.DBBackupScheduleJob.backUpDB(DBBackupScheduleJob.java:155)
	at
com.db.mbc.scheduler.jobs.DBBackupScheduleJob.executeJob(DBBackupScheduleJob.java:88)
	at
com.db.mbc.scheduler.jobs.BaseScheduleJob.execute(BaseScheduleJob.java:97)
	at
com.db.mbc.base.job.SpringAwareJobActionListener.actionFired(SpringAwareJobActionListener.java:73)
	at
com.topgear.executer.impl.StdJobExecutionShell.run(StdJobExecutionShell.java:207)
	at com.topgear.threadpool.impl.StdThreadPool.run(StdThreadPool.java:168)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Job execution COMPLETED with result [true]

Brett Wooldridge-2 wrote:

> Sorry I wasn't clearer.  A thead dump is a snapshot of all running
> threads in the system, not a stacktrace of failures.
>
> You can generate a threaddump on Windows by running your server from
> the command line, and when the hang occurs during backup, pressing
> CTRL-Break (CTRL key and Break key at the same time).  This will
> produce a threaddump in your console (cmd.exe) window.  Copy/paste the
> threaddump somewhere we can take a look at it.
>
> If you are on Linux, you can produce a threaddump by sending the
> process a QUIT signal:
>
> kill -QUIT process_id
>
> Regards,
> Brett
>

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM, dvijender <vijender.devakari@db.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mike, Brett,
>>
>> Attached thread dump. Here the database size is 20 GB.
>>

>> Brett Wooldridge-2 wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you have a thread dump during the hang?  What
>>> OS are you running on?
>>>
>>> Brett
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On Jun 7, 2011, at 16:38, Vijender Devakari <vijender.devakari@db.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can you respond to this as this is very urgent.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Vijender D,
>>> Deutsche Bank
>>> Ph: +65 6423 8530
>>> Mobile: +65 94517994
>>>
>>> ************************************************************
>>> This mail is transmitted to you on behalf of [HCL].
>>> Diese Post wird Ihnen im Namen der [HCL] ubermittelt
>>> *************************************************************
>>>
>>> <graycol.gif>Vijender Devakari/ext/dbcom
>>>

>>>     *Vijender Devakari/ext/dbcom*
>>>
>>>             06/03/2011 04:28 PM
>>>
>>>  <ecblank.gif>
>>> <ecblank.gif>
>>> derby-user@db.apache.org <ecblank.gif>
>>> cc
>>> <ecblank.gif>
>>>  <ecblank.gif>
>>> Subject
>>> <ecblank.gif>
>>> SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE failing  <ecblank.gif><ecblank.gif>
 Hi