db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <Florin.Herin...@sungard.com>
Subject AW: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE failing-urgent
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:08:37 GMT
Maybe the documentation is correct and the problem relies on the " d:/db/backup/test" path.
Does that folder exist ? Does the user running the db have rights to access it ? Does this
user have rights to write to it ? To create files and subfolders ?

Best Regards,

Florin

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: dev@xx [mailto:dev@proxiflex.fr]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2011 11:03
An: Derby Discussion
Betreff: Re: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE failing-urgent

Hi,

Well documentation doesn't say that...

SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE system procedure

The SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE system procedure backs up the

database to a specified backup directory.

Syntax

SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(IN BACKUPDIR VARCHAR())

No result is returned from the procedure.

BACKUPDIR

An input argument of type VARCHAR(32672) that specifies the path to a
directory,

where the backup should be stored. Relative paths are resolved based on the
current

user directory, user.dir, of the JVM where the database backup is occurring.

Relative paths are not resolved based on the derby home directory. To avoid

confusion, use the absolute path.

JDBC example

The following example backs up the database to the c:/backupdir directory:

CallableStatement cs = conn.prepareCall

("CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(?)");

cs.setString(1, "c:/backupdir");

cs.execute();

cs.close();

SQL example

The following example backs up the database to the c:/backupdir directory:

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE('c:/backupdir');

Is the documentation wrong ??

Regards,

Jean-Yves