db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matt Pouttu-Clarke <Matt.Pouttu-Cla...@icrossing.com>
Subject Re: Autocounter/Sequqnce-Numbers
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 16:00:45 GMT
Tim,

Does H2 allow multiple concurrent threads to update the database?  I'm not
sure it's fair to compare a single threaded database to a multi-threaded
database with a single threaded workload.

I have done benchmarks that show that Derby is much faster than H2 with a
multi-threaded workload in embedded mode.

Cheers,
Matt

On 5/21/11 3:56 AM, "Tim Dudgeon" <tdudgeon@informaticsmatters.com> wrote:

> There are some other things here that might deserve some comment:
> http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#comparison
>
> e.g. performance of embeded derby is slow!
>
> Tiim
>

> On 18/05/2011 16:05,
> Malte.Kempff@de.equens.com wrote:
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> in http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#feature_list I found
>> this particular statement to above topic:
>>
>> *Sequence*and autoincrement columns, computed columns (can be used for
>> function based indexes)
>>
>> Later on is a matrix that shows some RDBMs in releation to some features
>> where it is denied that Derby supports sequences.
>>
>> So what is actually the case? And if Derby supports running numbers (in
>> Oracle they are called /sequences/, in Microsoft DBs the are often
>> called /auto counters/) how are they to be used.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any hint
>>
>> Malte

iCrossing Privileged and Confidential Information
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information of iCrossing. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email