db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Loic Petit <loic.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby networked server in OSGi
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 09:40:41 GMT
Hi again,

Yes I embed all the content of both jars inside the bundle (you can notice I
did not put <scope>provided</scope> on dependancies). I tried to do other
stuff with separate (bundlelized) jars. But it is impossible with this split
package, because your application bundle will try to bind to derby and
derbynet. But in OSGi, a package cannot be bound from two bundles.

What I did is a bit dirty (I don't like writting my own import instructions,
I prefer let bnd do its magic) but I think it is the best solution so far.
Btw, I wrote the same activator :)

LP