db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Libor Jelinek <ljeli...@virtage.com>
Subject How to "flush" newly created tables to be visible?
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 16:21:58 GMT
Hello all once more,
this time I would like to ask you how to "flush" newly created tables to
disk to be visible from JdbcMetaData?

1. Connect with connstring:

2. Create some tables with* CREATE TABLE*:

*CREATE TABLE MyTable (
   MyID1 INTEGER not null,
   MyID2 INTEGER not null,
   MyTEXT VARCHAR(20),
   MyDate TIMESTAMP,
   CONSTRAINT MyTable_PK PRIMARY KEY (MyID1,MyID2)
)*

3. They are still not visible in tools like *SQuirreL* or
*SqlWorkbench*under "model explorer" . These tools that (I suppose)
utilize JdbcMetaData.
I think that is because these tables and rows are in memory only.

4. So I tried to issue

*CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_CHECKPOINT_DATABASE();*

that should checkpoint cached data to disk. But tables are still not visible
in "model explorer" of these tools.