db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Laran Evans <la...@laranevans.com>
Subject SQLDataException after upgrading Hibernate: Reading an Integer column with a Reader?
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 22:37:51 GMT
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the Derby driver or Hibernate. I do
know that it surfaced after upgrading Hibernate to 3.5.6 Final from 3.3.2.
Final.

Any suggestions as to what might cause this? We've tried with several
different versions of Derby without success.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLDataException: An attempt was made to get a data
value of type 'java.sql.Types 4' from a data value of type 'java.io.Reader'.
    at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.ResultSet.getCharacterStream(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.ResultSet.getCharacterStream(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getCharacterStream(DelegatingResultSet.java:299)
    at
org.hibernate.type.AbstractLongStringType.get(AbstractLongStringType.java:54)
    at org.hibernate.type.NullableType.nullSafeGet(NullableType.java:186)
    at org.hibernate.type.NullableType.nullSafeGet(NullableType.java:212)
    at
org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaLoader.getResultColumnOrRow(CriteriaLoader.java:148)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getRowFromResultSet(Loader.java:647)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:745)
    at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:270)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2449)
    ... 42 more
Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.ColumnTypeConversionException: An
attempt was made to get a data value of type 'java.sql.Types 4' from a data
value of type 'java.io.Reader'.
    at org.apache.derby.client.am.Cursor.getCharacterStream(Unknown Source)
    ... 53 more

Thanks!