db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Libor Jelinek <ljeli...@virtage.com>
Subject Re: Beginner's authentication question
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 09:38:42 GMT
Hello Dag and all,
thank you very much! I did two mistakes:

1) Typing error
Property key is derby.database.fullAccessUsers and
derby.database.readOnlyAccessUsers, not only derby.fullAccessUsers and
derby.readOnlyAccessUsers.

2) Missing derby.connection.requireAuthentication
This property has to be set to true, if I wish to use authentication.

Now I achived what I want ("mimic" sa account) with this derby.properties:

derby.database.defaultConnectionMode=noAccess
derby.connection.requireAuthentication=true
derby.authentication.provider=BUILTIN
derby.user.sa=veryStrongPwd
derby.user.readonly=readonly
derby.database.fullAccessUsers=sa
derby.database.readOnlyAccessUsers=readonly

Thank you very much for your help!

--
Hezky den / Have a nice day
Libor JEL├ŹNEK