db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Libor Jelinek <ljeli...@virtage.com>
Subject Beginner's authentication question
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 15:05:24 GMT
Hello dear Derby users,
I would like to ask you for help with setting up Derby (in Network Server
mode) to behave like "classic" DBMS with super-user account.

Firsly please have look on my derby.properties:

*derby.database.defaultConnectionMode=noAccess
derby.authentication.provider=BUILTIN
derby.user.sa=veryStrongPwd
derby.user.readonly=readonly
derby.fullAccessUsers=sa
derby.readonlyAccessUsers=readonly
*
My intention is to restrict access only with pre-defined users. In my simply
environment only two: super-administrator and readonly user. These my two
users should be "global" - be sa or readonly for every database I have.

But always I ended with error:

*java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException - DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1,
SQLSTATE: 08004, SQLERRMC: Database connection refused.*

What is wrong with my configuration?
--
Hezky den / Have a nice day
Libor JEL├ŹNEK

VIRTAGE SOFTWARE // software - design - web
Lucni 542 // 285 04 Uhlirske Janovice // Czech Republic
email/jabber: ljelinek@virtage.com // web: www.virtage.com

Visit our developer adventures at http://devblog.virtage.com!