db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disappearing service.properties file
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 14:37:52 GMT
> problems above. I suspect derby has been terminated or interrupted while
> updating the service.properties file and left the file system in an
> inconsistent state. Although I imagine the window for this to happen would
> be fairly narrow.
>
> As far as I can tell the call to SYSCS_DISABLE_LOG_ARCHIVE_MODE(1), which is
> called during our nightly maintenance task, is the only place in our
> application which updates service.properties. Fortunately this call is no
> longer needed so we have removed it.

Yikes!

I've never encountered this service.propertiesold problem.

I've also never called the disable-log-archive-mode procedure.

If the two events are indeed related, that sure sounds like a bug in Derby,
so if you have a chance to research this some more and see if you can verify
that there is a real correlation here, that would be worth reporting to
the developers, I think.

thanks,

bryan