db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: SQLDataException after upgrading Hibernate: Reading an Integer column with a Reader?
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 14:42:59 GMT
Hi Laran,

I can't say how the layers above Derby got into the situation of
requesting a character stream on an integer column. Derby does not
support that conversion. ResultSet.getCharacterStream() on an INTEGER
column is not supported, according to Appendix B (table B-6) of the JDBC
3.0 spec.

Hope this helps,
-Rick