db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IJ-tool getting cursor-keys work on Solaris (bash)
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 14:19:46 GMT
> I am using *ij-tool* just for look up. It works great on windows. When I use it on a bash-shell
(Solaris) the *cursor-keys* do
> not work, but I get some strange letters typed like this:
> *"ij> select ^[[A^[[B^[[C^[[D*
> It seems that those keys are not defined in some way. They work with in the bash shell
itself though.
> What has to be done, so it works, including history of the commands used within ij-session?

I don't know if anyone has ever solved this. I have heard some discussions in the
past about trying to use JLine (http://jline.sourceforge.net/), but I don't think
I ever heard whether those attempts were successful or not.

I think it would be great to get something to work, but I don't know of anything
built-in to the Derby ij tool itself.

For my own purposes, I tend to use a tool like SQL Squirrel, which has a nice
SQL editing window built-in.

View raw message