db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby network server
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 09:10:42 GMT
On 03/05/2011 16:35, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> In the webapp:
>>
>> server = new NetworkServerControl();
>> server.start(null);
>
> Perhaps your webapp is trying to run these lines multiple times?

Nope, it does it from the context initialisation. It definitely
only happens once (various status things are logged at startup
which only get reported once).

> It can be very tricky to ensure that your webapp starts the
> Network Server once and only once. You may be starting it
> a second time, and the second instance is not succesfully
> accessing the database because the first instance already has
> the database open?

I'm starting it once from the webapp, then trying to connect
externally with IJ before I go any further.

  John English | My old University of Brighton home page is still here: