db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby network server
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 13:13:16 GMT
I have a webapp which runs a networked Derby server. I want to be able
to access it from a separate app. The webapp starts the server from the
contextInitialized() method of a ServletContextListener:

   server = new NetworkServerControl();
   server.start(null);

which works fine. However, when I try to open a second connection with
IJ it gives me this response:

   ij> connect '/foo/db;dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=xyz';
   ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database '/foo/db', see the next
   exception for details.
   ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the
   database C:foo\db.
   ij>

Is there something I'm missing here?

TIA,

  John English | My old University of Brighton home page is still here: