db-derby-user mailing list archives

From niloofar montazeri <montazeri.niloo...@gmail.com>
Subject How Portable are Derby-managed data?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 03:59:28 GMT
Hi,

I am a MySql user and am searching for a light-weight database system that
allows me to *easily move tables from one machine to another*. My problem
with MySql was that in order to move data from machine m1 to machine m2, I
needed to stop the server on m2, move the entire data folder (i.e., all the
databases and tables) from m1 to m2 and then restart the server on m2 (If I
was lucky and it would easily restart).
Maybe I am not familiar with correct MySql settings, but I need an easy to
install tool for sorting, counting, indexing and merging data that allows
for high portability. Is Derby the right tool for this purpose?

I appreciate your help...
Niloofar