db-derby-user mailing list archives

From 鲍少明 <ioker...@gmail.com>
Subject How to extend this system procedure?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:17:23 GMT
Hi Group,
   I use this procedure   SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE to import data from
csv. But there is another table depend on the table I need to import into.
Then I cannot use the mode 1. It will throw an error to tell me I cannot
delete the data in this table, because there is a FK point to it.

Can anyone provide an extension of this procedure to support this. Since the
FK I define is delete cascade. I am thinking why the procedure will not
cascade delete the data. So what I did is to call delete all before this
import. But it's not an optimized method of delta importing.

Anyone can help it? I want it to support cascade delete and still using
delta update mode. So as to reach best performance.

Thanks,
Clark