db-derby-user mailing list archives

From steve lescure <stevelesc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problem with embedded driver
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 02:36:40 GMT
thanks that was a great big help!   never would have figured all that out.

i can now connect to the database............now i've encounter yet another mystery.

It keeps telling me it can't find my table JOBS....i've read that NETBEANS should create
a default schema NBUSER (the id I used to when i created the db).  When i check the properties
of the database, the schema is indeed NBUSER.  however, to create a table i have to use the
APP schema (NBUSER is not in the list).  I did that, but NETBEANS can't find the table even
if i use APP.JOBS... I've tried JOBS  APP.JOBS NBUSER.JOBS all fail.

any thoughts?

        try {
            Properties props = new Properties(); // connection properties
            props.put("user", "nbuser");
            props.put("password", "nbuser");
            String dbName = "DEMAND"; // the name of the database

            conn = DriverManager.getConnection(protocol + dbName
                    + ";create=false", props);
            System.out.println("Connected to database " + dbName);

            conn.setAutoCommit(true);
            s = conn.createStatement();
            statements.add(s);
            rs = s.executeQuery(
                    "SELECT JOBNAME, USERID FROM APP.JOBS");
            (dies here)