db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Phil Bradley" <ph...@tower.ie>
Subject ERROR XSAI2: The conglomerate (180,512) requested does not exist.
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:33:11 GMT
Hi,

I have a Java application using derby 10.4 in embedded mode which has
been in production for approximately 1 year. About 2 months ago, I added
a function to run SYSCS_COMPRESS_ TABLE on a nightly basis (this may or
may not be related to the issue below). A few days ago, the client
reported the following error on application startup:

ERROR XSAI2: The conglomerate (180,512) requested does not exist.

I now have a copy of the database and when I connect via ij, I receive
the same error (completely reproducibly). I am attaching this output for
reference. Note that the application uses derby 10.4 while I used the
10.5 libraries to make the connection; the observed behaviour is the
same however.

As regards the production issue, the client simply removed (copied
actually) the problematic database and reinitialised the application so
my goal is to understand (if possible) the cause of this and to identify
possible work arounds.  Is there anything I can do that might help
resolve why this error is occurring? Is there additional logging that I
can enable that might give more visibility on what is actually
happening?

Thanks and regards,
Phil