Hi,
I'm really no expert, but I would say there is not enough information here..
I know of no situations where you would get the 'address already in use' exception if the port is free.
Perhaps the script used to start the network server occupies the port before starting the server, making the actual start fail?

You should be able to start the server before worrying about the next problems, so focus on that first off.
/Morten