refer this
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/devguide/cdevconcepts29416.html

default auto commit is set true. if its turned off, need to commit explicitly.

http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/tools/tools46.html

regards
Sakthivel

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Egidijus Vaisnora <egidijus.vaisnora@nomagic.com> wrote:

I have updated derby but still the same. Issue DERBY-3806 covers problem when ResultSet was not closed, however I am closing ResultSet, prepared statement and then connections. What I am not doing is commit either rollback calls - jsut because I am executing SELECT statement. Do I need to call "commit" or "rollback" in any case before "close", even if I am using SELECT statement and I am closing opened ResultSet and prepared statement?

--
Egidijus