db-derby-user mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: NullPointerException deep in Derby
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 23:08:31 GMT
Pavel Bortnovskiy <PBortnovskiy@Jefferies.com> writes:

> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at
> org.apache.derby.exe.ac96c5c136x012ex0b13x5d52xffff9ccc25960.e9(Unknown Source) at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.reflect.DirectCall.invoke(Unknown Source) at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.doProjection(Unknown Source)
at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unknown Source)
at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ScrollInsensitiveResultSet.getNextRowFromSource(Unknown
Source) at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ScrollInsensitiveResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unknown Source)
at
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BasicNoPutResultSetImpl.getNextRow(Unknown Source)
>         ... 5 more

In cases like these, when GROUP BY is involved in a possibly complex
query, it is likely that code generation is in error, which again often
results from some bug during binding time and/or optimization time. To
debug this we would need something to reproduce the situation.

If you can't post the original query and correponding DDL, please see if
you can produce a repro by extracting similar DDL and query in a way
that won't give away you business secrets ;-)

Thanks,
Dag