db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hill <Thomas.K.H...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: problems after "could not listen on port xxx on host 0.0.0.0" / corrupting data base?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:50:55 GMT
Hi Morten,

thanks for your reply "on the address already in user issue". The Network Server
is hosted on the internet and my provider tells me that nothing else is using
the port and their tests would indicate that - the normal (Linux) start/stop
scripts coming with Derby are being used - when the Server is stopped the port
is indeed properly released. They are assuming that if the port in a (fresh)
start is not properly released the Derby Server might not have properly been
shutdown / might have crashed - for which I don't have indications.

Any toughts on whether the server is started after the address already in use
has been encountered? There a no further entries in the log that would say
'server is ready to accept connections' - so I guess the start failed.

And any thougths on the 'another instance ...' issue - which prevents me to boot
the database? might the database have been corrupted??

Tx