db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hill <Thomas.K.H...@t-online.de>
Subject problems after "could not listen on port xxx on host 0.0.0.0" / corrupting data base?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:42:12 GMT
Hi,

when trying to start-up the network server I am getting

Could not listen on port 31540 on host 0.0.0.0:
 java.net.BindException: Address already in use

(which is also the message store in derby.log).

This is the last message in the log and I am not sure what state the server is
in after that (started or not?).

When trying to connect from remote using IJ I am getting error 'Another instance
of Derby may have already booted the database'. From looking at the log (an
extract attached below) it seems as if a recovery has been attempted but finally
failed?!

I have found no way to get the database up and running again. Even after a
complete shutdown and restart of the server I continue to get the 'another
instance...' error. So I am not sure if my database might have been corrupted??

Any way to find out what is going on?

Thanks
Thomas

Wed Feb 23 20:25:54 CET 2011 Thread[DRDAConnThread_3,5,main]
Cleanup action starting
java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'PMTedb' with class loader
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@77cde100, see the next exception for details.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQL
Exception(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init>(Unknown Source)
java.sql.SQLException: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the
database