db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Morten Mikkelsen <mortenbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems after "could not listen on port xxx on host 0.0.0.0" / corrupting data base?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:33:48 GMT
Hi,
I'm really no expert, but I would say there is not enough information here..
I know of no situations where you would get the 'address already in use'
exception if the port is free.
Perhaps the script used to start the network server occupies the port before
starting the server, making the actual start fail?

You should be able to start the server before worrying about the next
problems, so focus on that first off.
/Morten

--
/Morten