db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Brett Wooldridge <brett.wooldri...@gmail.com>
Subject Updatable ResultSet and boolean
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 02:48:03 GMT
I am encountering an error trying to update a BOOLEAN type through an
updatable ResultSet.  My table looks like this:

   CREATE TABLE file_store (

path VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,

network VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,

file_blob BLOB,

file_md5 VARCHAR(32),

is_directory BOOLEAN NOT NULL DEFAULT false,

PRIMARY KEY (path, network)

);

My SQL looks like this:

   SELECT path, network, is_directory FROM file_store

   WHERE path=? AND network=? AND is_directory=true FOR UPDATE OF path,
network, is_directory

My Java code looks like this:

   resultSet.moveToInsertRow();

resultSet.updateString("path", dirPath);

resultSet.updateString("network", network);

resultSet.updateBoolean("is_directory", true);

resultSet.insertRow();

An exception is thrown in the call to updateBoolean() as follows:

   java.sql.SQLException: An attempt was made to put a data value of type
'byte' into a data value of type 'BOOLEAN'.

Is it a bug, or am I doing something obviously wrong?

Brett