db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException deep in Derby
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 00:19:29 GMT
Hi Pavel:
I file an issue DERBY- 5041 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5041 on
your behave. If there is any addition information, please feel free to add it.
Like Dag's point out, complex query like this often result from code generation
error from some bug during binding time and/or optimization time. A real
life reproducible case will help a lot to debug case like this. And, shorten the
time to get the bug fixed from Derby-dev.

Thanks and hope this help,
Lily

________________________________
From: Pavel Bortnovskiy <PBortnovskiy@Jefferies.com>
To: Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: Derby Discussion <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, February 9, 2011 11:02:00 AM
Subject: Re: NullPointerException deep in Derby

I've always used Derby only as an in-memory DB...

From:  Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>
To:  Derby Discussion <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Cc:  Pavel Bortnovskiy <PBortnovskiy@Jefferies.com>
Date:  02/09/2011 01:54 PM
________________________________

On 2/9/2011 10:46 AM, Pavel Bortnovskiy wrote:
Did so, Kathey, but got the same error...

maybe I can't use URL=jdbc:derby:memory:testdb;create=true

in 10.2 and 10.3?

Oh yes, I missed that part. in nemory db came later.  Do you get the same error
with the query against a regular database?

Jefferies archives and monitors outgoing and incoming e-mail. The contents of
this email, including any attachments, are confidential to the ordinary user of
the email address to which it was addressed. If you are not the addressee of
this email you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part
of it in any form whatsoever. This email may be produced at the request of
regulators or in connection with civil litigation. Jefferies accepts no
liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result of transmission. Use
by other than intended recipients is prohibited.  In the United Kingdom,
Jefferies operates as Jefferies International Limited; registered in England:
no. 1978621; registered office: Vintners Place, 68 Upper Thames Street, London
EC4V 3BJ.  Jefferies International Limited is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority.