db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 10.6 to 10.7 failed
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:00:31 GMT
> but I run into following error on startup of the database (no matter
> what application (my app, SQuirrel, OpenOffice base) I use, and with
> all databases I could find):
>
> Restore of a serializable or SQLData object of class , attempted to
> read more data than was originally stored

I'm not sure what's going on here; can you post the full stacktrace
from your derby.log file?

Did you do a soft upgrade or a hard upgrade?

Does your database contain BLOB columns?

The last several times I've seen this message, it has been due either
to bugs in the Derby code or due to a corrupt database.

Either way, it would be a good idea at this point to open a Derby
issue in JIRA and start collecting as much information as you can in
order to work with the Derby developers to analyze this in more detail.

http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html

thanks,

bryan