db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQLException - Column 'COLUMN2' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of the join specification .....
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:45:28 GMT
 > 18 Feb 2011 18:17:35,218- Thread: 15 SEVERE [com.vontu.lookup.csv.CsvLookup] Failed to
initialize Csv lookup.
 > Cause:
 > com.vontu.lookup.common.InitializationException: The exception 'java.sql.SQLException:
Column 'COLUMN2' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join
  specification and is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a
HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE
statement then 'COLUMN2' is not a column in the target table.' was thrown while
evaluating an expression.

I don't know much about com.vontu.lookup.common, nor have I seen the message
"Failed to initialize Csv lookup" before, but since that's not Derby code, that's
not surprising. Probably the vontu.com library is generating and issuing an invalid query.

Can you post the full stacktrace from your derby.log file?

thanks,

bryan