db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can't accesso to derby db folder...
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:16:21 GMT
> C:\Program Files (x86)\NetBeans 6.9.1\javafx\javafx-sdk\bin>javafx
> -classpath c:\application\application.jar application.Main
> and application starts correctly. When I click on button to interact with db
> an exception occurrs, saying it can't find db

The database name typically is written in your JDBC URL as:

This is a relative name, meaning that the folder 'applicationdb' must
be found relative to your program's current directory.

So try one of the following:
1) In your shell, do this command first:

	cd c:\application

    so that your process's current directory is the correct one prior
    to running the application

2) Change your JDBC URL to something like:

    so that the application is accessed via an absolute path name,
    not a relative path name.

View raw message