db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Egidijus Vaisnora <egidijus.vaisn...@nomagic.com>
Subject Re: Closing connection result with exception
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:22:11 GMT

I have updated derby but still the same. Issue DERBY-3806 covers problem when ResultSet was
not closed, however I am closing
ResultSet, prepared statement and then connections. What I am not doing is commit either rollback
calls - jsut because I am
executing SELECT statement. Do I need to call "commit" or "rollback" in any case before "close",
even if I am using SELECT
statement and I am closing opened ResultSet and prepared statement?

--
Egidijus

On 2/11/11 12:10 PM, Sakthivel.P wrote:
> 10.7.1.1 <http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.7.1.1.cgi> is latest version.
Please download and use.

<mailto:egidijus.vaisnora@nomagic.com>> wrote:

>     Hello All,
>
>             I am using Embedded Derby and whenever I attempt to close connection I got
"Cannot close a connection while a
>     transaction is still active." error.
>             I am using Derby 10.5.3. I found that in Derby 10.5.1.1 in release notes
there is a note about DERBY-3319, which