db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sameer Mehta <Sameer_Me...@symantec.com>
Subject SQLException - Column 'COLUMN2' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of the join specification .....
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:40:07 GMT
Hello All,

I am trying to import data from a csv file to a table using CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA
with the following arguments -

arg 1 - schema name (I tried using null as well but it gave me the same error message i.e.
 Column 'COLUMN2' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification
and is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not
in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then 'COLUMN2' is not
a column in the target table.' was thrown while evaluating an expression. )
arg 2 - table name
arg 3 - columns to be imported
arg 4 - null
arg 5 - csv file name ( c:/vontu/protect/plugins/senders.csv )
arg 6 - csv file delimited ("|")
arg 7 - character delimiter (null)
arg 8 - charset of the input data (utf-8)
arg 9 - 0 (since I am inserting data and not replacing)

In doing so, I always get the following error - Column 'COLUMN2' is either not in any table
in the FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of the join
specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP BY list. If this is a
CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then 'COLUMN2' is not a column in the target table.' was
thrown while evaluating an expression.

Here's what I am trying to do -

1. Create an in-memory database in derby using "jdbc:derby:memory:CSV_LOOKUP_DATABASE; create=true"
2. Create a table using SQL  "CREATE TABLE LOOKUP(SID varchar(50),EMAIL_ADDRESS varchar(50),FIRST_NAME
varchar(50),LAST_NAME varchar(50))"
3. Create a table index using SQL "CREATE INDEX EMAIL_ADDRESSIndex ON LOOKUP(EMAIL_ADDRESS)"
4. Get JDBC connection using the following URL "jdbc:derby:memory:CSV_LOOKUP_DATABASE"
5. Import data from csv  c:/vontu/protect/plugins/senders.csv to LOOKUP table which has columns
SID,EMAIL_ADDRESS,FIRST_NAME,LAST_NAME (csv file has columns structured in this format as
well)

Step 5 gives the following exception -

18 Feb 2011 18:17:35,215- Thread: 15 SEVERE [com.vontu.lookup.csv.CsvLookup] The exception
'java.sql.SQLException: Column 'COLUMN2' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears
within a join specification and is outside the scope of the join specification or appears
in a HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement
then 'COLUMN2' is not a column in the target table.' was thrown while evaluating an expression.
18 Feb 2011 18:17:35,218- Thread: 15 SEVERE [com.vontu.lookup.csv.CsvLookup] Failed to initialize
Csv lookup.
Cause:
com.vontu.lookup.common.InitializationException: The exception 'java.sql.SQLException: Column
'COLUMN2' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification
and is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not
in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then 'COLUMN2' is not
a column in the target table.' was thrown while evaluating an expression.
com.vontu.lookup.common.InitializationException: The exception 'java.sql.SQLException: Column
'COLUMN2' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification
and is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not
in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then 'COLUMN2' is not
a column in the target table.' was thrown while evaluating an expression.

My CSV file has the following format -

SID|EMAIL_ADDRESS|FIRST_NAME|LAST_NAME
U639854|WFEAW.L.CAEMG@JPMCHASE.COM|LANCE|FEHER

Manifest file as part of the derby jar contains --
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.1
Created-By: 1.5.0_19-137 (Apple Inc.)
Bundle-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Bundle-Name: Apache Derby 10.5
Bundle-Version: 10.5.3000000.802917
Sealed: true
Bundle-Activator: org.apache.derby.osgi.EmbeddedActivator
Bundle-SymbolicName: derby
DynamicImport-Package: *

Is this a known issue OR am I missing something ?

thanks,
~sameer