db-derby-user mailing list archives

From gbattinelli <giuseppe.battine...@gmail.com>
Subject can't accesso to derby db folder...
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:08:42 GMT

Hi guys,
I've a problem with generating jar perfectly working outside netbeans ide.
I developed a javafx application with netneans and this application use
derby db through hibernate.
Under Netbeans everything works fine.
In the root of my project folder i've database folder, dbderby (with his
subfolders).

Following this tutorial

http://download.oracle.com/javafx/1.3/tutorials/deployment/deploy-outside-ide.html

I created a new folder, I put into it application.jar and lib folder from
dist and db folder...so in the new folder I've (at same level)

application.jar
lib (folder)
applicationdb(folder)

I run

C:\Program Files (x86)\NetBeans 6.9.1\javafx\javafx-sdk\bin>javafx
-classpath c:
\application\application.jar application.Main

and application starts correctly. When I click on button to interact with db
an exception occurrs, saying it can't find db

GRAVE: could not get database metadata
java.sql.SQLException: Database 'applicationdb'(name of db) not found.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknow
n Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)

How can I do?
Thanks,
Regards