db-derby-user mailing list archives

From vipinsudhakar <sumitha.arju...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject Reg Compress Tables Locking issue
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:14:35 GMT

Dear All,

I have included the SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE method call on a daily
basis to improve the performance of derby by means of compressing tables.
But i got an error while invoking this method on a particular table, which
was using by some other query execution which was continiuously running for
3-4 days. So this method cant obtain the lock on the particular table. I got
the below exception.
"Execution of Compress Tables failed. Reason: The exception
'java.sql.SQLException: A lock could not be obtained due to a deadlock,
cycle of locks and waiters is: Lock : ROW, SYSCONGLOMERATES, (7,10)"
But at the same time i cant stop the other activity as it was a continuously
running.
Please let me know how can i handle this situation?

Thanks in advance.