Myrna,

Thanks for your reply.  This message seems pretty common in Eclipse in general so it is hard to tell if it is a Eclipse, Spring or Derby issue.  I did find a similar issue in the Derby Jira from May of this year:

If I find a way to get around this issue, I'll be sure to post it here.  If there is someone on this forum however that has already figured it out, please share.

Regards,

Joshua

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Joshua White <derby@jwhitesolutions.com> wrote:
> I am using SpringSource Tool Suite (sts-2.5.2) which is based on Eclipse
> 3.6.1 running on Java 1.6.0_23.  I have installed the derby core plugin
> (derby_core_plugin_10.7.1) and the derby ui plugin
> (derby_ui_doc_plugin_1.1.2) based on the directions here:
>  http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/plugin_howto.html#Installing+the+plug-ins.
> When I start STS/Eclipse, I create a new Java project and attempt to add the
> Derby project nature to it, I receive the following message:
> "The chosen operation is not currently available."
> Is there a work around available for this issue?
> Thanks,
> Joshua

Hi Joshua,

That message is not a message from derby nor the plugin. We know the
plugin works with full eclipse; that doesn't mean it works with every
tool based on eclipse.

Did you ask the SpringSource forum?
Did you ask eclipse? Did you try the plugin with full eclipse?

A quick web search seems to hint at other plugins having troubles with
SpringSource and natures. So perhaps it doesn't support the concept of
a 'nature', which is how the derby plugin works. But I'm guessing
wildly...

Myrna