db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Can it be that Derby (in-memory) is deadlocking on this query?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:38:46 GMT
Pavel Bortnovskiy <PBortnovskiy@Jefferies.com> writes:

> Hello:
>
> while running my application, I noticed that when the following query
> (which uses a subquery with tables joining on themselves) is
> executed, the application processes 185 records and then sits
> indefinitely in ResultSet.next() method:

Which version of Derby are you running? Derby 10.6.1.0 fixed two bugs
that caused infinite loops (DERBY-4376 and DERBY-4387).

> What can I do on my end (without exposing our data) to help you
> diagnose this.

A thread dump taken while the execution is stuck (can for example be
obtained by using the jstack tool that comes with the JDK) could give a
clue as to where to look for the bug.

Thanks,

--
Knut Anders