db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matt Pouttu-Clarke <Matt.Pouttu-Cla...@icrossing.com>
Subject Re: Multi-thread access to read-only DB in embedded mode?
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 23:36:40 GMT
Hi Knut,

That's what I get for using too many frameworks...

Anyway, here is the results:
Previous results with Derby 10.6:
12,048 / sec

Upgrade to 10.7...
1 thread: 16,326 / sec

2 threads: 30,769 / sec

4 threads: 40,000 / sec

That's with a 3 million row table.

Thanks for the help,
Matt

On 1/6/11 2:16 PM, "Knut Anders Hatlen" <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> wrote:

> Matt Pouttu-Clarke <Matt.Pouttu-Clarke@icrossing.com> writes:
>
>>    public static void main(String[] args) throws SQLException
>>     {
>>         for(int x = 0; x < 2; x++) {
>>             new Thread(new DerbyQuery()).run();
>>         }
>>     }
>
> When you invoke run() directly, you're running all queries in the main
> thread. You should try start() instead of run() and see if that improves
> the concurrency.

iCrossing Privileged and Confidential Information
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information of iCrossing. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email