db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Eclipse project nature - "The chosen operation is not currently available."
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:49:24 GMT
On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Joshua White <derby@jwhitesolutions.com> wrote:
> I am using SpringSource Tool Suite (sts-2.5.2) which is based on Eclipse
> 3.6.1 running on Java 1.6.0_23.  I have installed the derby core plugin
> (derby_core_plugin_10.7.1) and the derby ui plugin
> (derby_ui_doc_plugin_1.1.2) based on the directions here:
>  http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/plugin_howto.html#Installing+the+plug-ins.
> When I start STS/Eclipse, I create a new Java project and attempt to add the
> Derby project nature to it, I receive the following message:
> "The chosen operation is not currently available."
> Is there a work around available for this issue?
> Thanks,
> Joshua

Hi Joshua,

That message is not a message from derby nor the plugin. We know the
plugin works with full eclipse; that doesn't mean it works with every
tool based on eclipse.

Did you ask the SpringSource forum?
Did you ask eclipse? Did you try the plugin with full eclipse?

A quick web search seems to hint at other plugins having troubles with
SpringSource and natures. So perhaps it doesn't support the concept of
a 'nature', which is how the derby plugin works. But I'm guessing
wildly...

Myrna