db-derby-user mailing list archives

From NBW <email...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with COUNT function
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:50:40 GMT
I am using Derby 10.4 supplied with JavaEE5 SDK/Glassfish 2.1. The following
function works perfectly well with Oracle 10g XE using the Oracle ojdbc6
driver -

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT file.md5, instCollection.collectionId FROM
file, collection leafCollection, collection instCollection WHERE
(file.status=1 OR file.status=2) and file.collectionId =
leafCollection.collectionId AND leafCollection.instanceCollectionId =
instCollection.collectionId GROUP BY file.md5, instCollection.collectionId)

That query under Oracle works fine. Under Derby I get the following error:

[42X01][30000] Syntax error: Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 313.

If I run the query without the SELECT COUNT(*) it will run fine in Derby
too, but I am trying to get the count :-)

I feel like I must be missing something obvious here.

Thanks,

-Noah