db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Wen <we...@mail.com>
Subject Re: commands describe and show failed in eclipse derby plugin SQL editor
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 05:56:26 GMT

 Hi Bryan,

I used derby eclipse plugin from http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.7.1.1.cgi.
With this plugin, you can create SQL file in Eclipse and directly execute SQL statements also,
once connected to derby database.

However, I can not got derby.log's content covering my operation in Eclipse derby plugin.
What a pity!

Bruce Wen (GuangMing)
"Undertake not what you cannot perform, but be careful to keep your promise - George Washington"
Internet Email: wengm@mail.com
LinkedIn: cn.linkedin.com/in/wengm
Blog: crest-boy.livejournal.com
MSN: crest-boy@hotmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.derby@gmail.com>
To: Derby Discussion <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Tue, Jan 4, 2011 12:03 pm
Subject: Re: commands describe and show failed in eclipse derby plugin SQL editor

> IJ commands work well in IJ command line, including show and describe. That means if
I connect derby by IJ, there is no problem.

> Currently, the problem occurred in Eclipse inside. And I just blocked by *show* and *describe*
commands so far. Other commands I
> ever used work well.

Hmmm. I'm afraid I'm not an Eclipse user, so I'm not sure how much
help I can give you.

Perhaps the problem is not with Derby, but with Eclipse. What part of
Eclipse are you using, that provide the interactive SQL editor functionality?

Can you locate a derby.log file which covers the period during which you
are getting the error in Eclipse? Is there any mention in the derby.log
file of an error message regarding "show tables"? Can you paste the
relevant section of the derby.log file into an email message to the list?

thanks,

bryan