db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR XSLA0: Cannot flush the log file to disk
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:50:00 GMT
> I'm using linux. DB size is 350MB only.
> The problem is solved once I restart derby. Derby version is 10.6.

Hmmm... Interesting. I haven't seen this behavior before.

Possibly you had an active transaction, which had performed
some updates but had not yet committed, and the database
was attempting to perform a checkpoint, and could not make room.

By restarting Derby, you then allowed Derby to abort that old transaction.

Just a guess, I'm afraid.

I'm glad you've resolved your problem for now, hope you continue
to find success with Derby.

thanks,

bryan