db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to migrate to LDAP (but getting Error 08004)
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 03:56:43 GMT
> 08004 with the message 'invalid athentication..'. Hard to believe that
> the network client driver is not working, whereas the embedded driver does!?

I wonder if, for some reason, the network server isn't seeing the authentication
properties that you have set, and so is not doing LDAP authentication but
rather is doing traditional Derby authentication.

Does it change anything if you set the authentication properties on the
network server's command line, as described here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.6/devguide/cdevsetprop11561.html

thanks,

bryan