db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commands describe and show failed in eclipse derby plugin SQL editor
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 15:48:16 GMT
> I used /eclipse-jee-ganymede-SR2-win32/ and it contains Apache Derby plug-in in default.
However, when I execute /describe
> table_name/ statement, "/syntax error:Encountered "describe//" at line 1, column 1/"
is encountered unexpectedly. And /show
> schemas/ statement also not workable because of the same error.

Do other IJ commands work successfully, is it only "describe" and "show" that fail?

What does your derby.log say?

Describe and Show were added in Derby 10.2, I believe, so they've been there for
a long time; is there any possibility that you are running an older release of Derby?

thanks,

bryan