db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ron Rudy <ronchal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby : No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:db;create=true
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:52:23 GMT
Windows uses the semicolon, not the colon, to separate files/paths for the
classpath.  So it should read:

java -classpath /home/user/app/lib/derbyrun.jar;/home/user/app/shared/
-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:///home/user/app/shared/
-Dtmp.impl.codebase=file:///home/user/app/shared/
-Djava.security.policy=/home/user/app/server/tmp/setup.policy
-Dtmp.classeserver=tmp.AuthServer
-Dtmp.policy=/home/user/app/server/tmp/group.policy tmp.Setup

I'm also not sure that derbyrun.jar is the only derby file you need?  Though
I get my jars through maven so I don't know whether direct downloads are
named differently or if you renamed anything.  Also, you shouldn't need a
leading colon/semicolon.

-Ron