db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby EmbeddedDriver and password
Date Sun, 26 Dec 2010 16:19:04 GMT
On 12/25/2010 09:55 AM, Jose NUNES wrote:
> I'm trying to put a password on my data base with properties, but good or wrong
> password passes.

You have to do a few more steps. Have a read of the sections under
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.6/devguide/cdevcsecure42374.html

You'll need to define a few additional database properties to enable
user authentication.

You should also consider using a stronger authentication system than
the built-in Derby system, which is really only suitable for development
and testing. An application which goes into production should use
something stronger, see:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.6/devguide/cdevcsecure37817.html

Here's an overview of the various properties you'll want to configure:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.6/devguide/rdevcsecure557.html

thanks,

bryan