db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby : No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:db;create=true
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 02:01:19 GMT
> --------- Informazioni su Derby --------
> JRE - JDBC: Java SE 6 - JDBC 4.0
> [/home/user/app/lib/derby.jar] 10.6.2.1 - (999685)
> [/home/user/app/lib/derbytools.jar] 10.6.2.1 - (999685)

What the above tells me is that your classpath is OK. The problem
is not with the classpath, it must be somewhere else, because
the sysinfo tool is able to load and read the relevant Derby jar
files from your classpath without problems.

I think the next thing to try is to get more information about
the actual exception that is thrown.

Firstly, can you find a 'derby.log' file with a timestamp that
matches the run of your server? If so, can you post the contents
of the derby.log file that correspond to the run that gets the
'no suitable driver' message?

Secondly, can you try modifying your application along the lines
described here: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UnwindExceptionChain
and see if you can gather more detailed information about the
actual exception that is being thrown?

thanks,

bryan