db-derby-user mailing list archives

From sivagururaja <sivagurur...@gmail.com>
Subject Need stored procedure help!
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:05:27 GMT

Dear All,

Is it possible to pass java.util.ArrayList<Integer> or int[] to stored
procedure?
I know a little bit Apache stored procedure. I believe that i can set the
input parameter using the following,
CallableStatement.setObject(parametername, Object);
But i don't know, what is corresponding datatype to be used in the stored
procedure (like varchar(), integer).

I want to insert 10 company names into my table. I have stored procedure to
do that.
1. I have to call executeUpdate() and clearParameters() again and again.
2. Pass an Object (which contains all the company names) to the stored
procedure and just execute once.

Can you please tell me which one is efficient and preferable.
Thanks in advance.