db-derby-user mailing list archives

From BeNdErR <bendertheoffender...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby : No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:db;create=true
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 16:15:12 GMT

thanks kristian, I've followed the instructions in the link and it works, but
only using clientdriver for both servers..
It was, probably, a path problem, I was running the server (java -jar
path/derbyun.jar server start) in the app/lib/ folder, then I told to the
client to search for the db in the app/ folder, making it not working at
all. Fixed!

the problem now is that if I run login server with embeddeddriver, and
client with clientdriver, once the client tries to connect to to the
database it raises an error saying that "maybe another instance of derby is
running the server".

these are my connection settings (with the embeddeddriver)

if(classCallingDBMS.equals("tmp.AuthServer")){	//here enters the
login-server
			driver = "org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver";
			connectionURL = "jdbc:derby:/home/user/app/db;create=true;";
			System.out.println("Accesso effettuato da "+classCallingDBMS);
		}else{
			driver = "org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver";	//here enters the other
server
			connectionURL = "jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/db;";
			System.out.println("Accesso effettuato da "+classCallingDBMS);
		}

Reading the manuals, it seems that the server that uses the embeddeddriver
can use the relative path to find the db, while the client can't and need to
use //localhost:port/blahblah.. or am I wrong? the login server with these
setting works, but the client don't and throws the error I said before
(another instance....).

thanks for your help, best regards