db-derby-user mailing list archives

From BeNdErR <bendertheoffender...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby : No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:db;create=true
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:15:30 GMT

I used embeddeddriver for login-server, and clientdriver for the other
server, starting network server inside the first one(login server).
Now there's a problem with the client, that can't found the right path to
the db :\ I think my "localhost" path is not correct, this is first part of
the error:

DBMS.newThread() SQLException: java.net.ConnectException : connection error
at localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused.
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: java.net.ConnectException :
connection error at localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused.

(I translated the error, you should understand it anyway).
These are the settings I run for the client server within the connection
function:

driver = "org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver";
connectionURL = "jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/db;user=APP;password=";
..
Class.forName(driver).newInstance();
..
conn = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL);
..

the psw is empty because I read there's no password as default. By the way I
can't find out how to create another user or change a password in derby :(

I also tryed to use this connectionURL, thinking the "localhost" was the
thing that was messing all up:

connectionURL = "jdbc:derby:/home/user/app/db;user=APP;password=";

that is the same I use for the loginserver to connect to derby (tell me if I
have to use localhost too there)

and this is the error:

DBMS.newThread() SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby:/home/user/app/db;user=APP;password=
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby:/home/user/app/db;user=APP;password=

there is a way to connect to the db with IJ, using ClientDriver? I want to
see within ij it works or not..

Thanks