db-derby-user mailing list archives

From BeNdErR <bendertheoffender...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby : No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:db;create=true
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:13:16 GMT

thanks everyone for your reply.

The wildcard is recognised by the shell (echo /path/* works, showing all the
files in the directory) but as Ron said, I can't use wildcards for
classpath.
I tryed changing "/*" with "/derbyrun.jar" but nothing new happened, same
error shows

@bryan

reading the last link you posted, about classpath usage, I had some doubts
about my server startup, so here is the entire command I run for the server:

java -classpath :/home/user/app/lib/derbyrun.jar:/home/user/app/shared/
-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:///home/user/app/shared/
-Dtmp.impl.codebase=file:///home/user/app/shared/
-Djava.security.policy=/home/user/app/server/tmp/setup.policy
-Dtmp.classeserver=tmp.AuthServer
-Dtmp.policy=/home/user/app/server/tmp/group.policy tmp.Setup

my doubt is on this part of "Setting the class path" link, maybe because I
read the windows version and not the linux one :D
(http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/windows/classpath.html)

C:> java -classpath C:\java\MyClasses utility.myapp.Cool

When the app runs, the JVM uses the class path settings to find any other
classes defined in the utility.myapp package that are used by the Cool
class.

as you can see I run the server setup in the tmp package. Reading the
article mentioned before, what I understood is that all the classes my Setup
needs are searched in the classpath linked by the command, but in a tmp
folder. Am I wrong?

thanks (hope you understand my english-way-to-explain)