I have found that I have to supply the absolute path to the Derby db in my connect string, otherwise
I get a connection refused error.

dk

From: Sonny Laskar [sonny.laskar@tcs.com]
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 10:29 AM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org; derby-user-subscribe@db.apache.org; derby-user-digest-subscribe@db.apache.org; derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Problem with Derby: Connection refused

Dear All,
I am new to Derby.
Please assist me.

Problem description:
We have IBM System Director software installed which uses Derby 10 internally.
I wanted to study the Derby database.
The software uses 2 databases viz IBMCDB and hatterastc
I copied these 2 folders in my java environment.
I can connect to the first database IBMCDB and execute select queries on all the tables. But when I connect to the hatterastc database, I get "Connection refused" error.
I am attaching the derby.log file.

Please suggest how to proceed and let me know if I should share any more details.

With Warm Regards,
Sonny Laskar
India
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: sonny.laskar@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty. IT Services
Business Solutions
Outsourcing
and any attachments. Thank you

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.