db-derby-user mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Derby database backup and restore
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:14:42 GMT

Hi,

vipinsudhakar <sumitha.arjunan@lntinfotech.com> writes:

>        Does full upgrade provide the facility of increasing page size? If
> not I have to take the back up of the derby db of older version and create a
> new database with newer version along with increase in page size and just
> import the data into my latest derby database version.

Cf derby.storage.pageSize as described here:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.6/ref/rrefproper40688.html

"This value will be used for the lifetime of the newly created
conglomerates."

So upgrading won't change the pageSize. You could use a temporary table
and recreate the table to get the pageSize you want, or use
backup/restore, but you will have to recreate it.

Thanks,
Dag